The Disability Compliance Office’s primary function is to support county departments and their employees. It also offers limited information and referral services to the community at large. It is responsible for providing technical assistance and staff support to a community advisory group, the Sacramento County Disability Advisory Commission to the Board of Supervisors, representing the disability community.
Services for County Employees
- Coordinate reasonable accommodations for all county employees and job applicants with disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). A reasonable accommodation is a logical adjustment made to a job and/or the environment that enables an otherwise qualified person with a disability to perform the essential functions of their positions. View the County's Reasonable Accommodation Process. View the Reasonable Accommodation Request form for employees. View the Reasonable Accommodation Request form for job applicants taking exams.
- Provide information and technical assistance to all county agencies and departments to assist them in designing and implementing programs, policies and procedures that will bring the county into compliance with the ADA, California Code of Regulations Title 24 and other federal and state laws that pertain to disability access.
- Train county employees on their rights and responsibilities under the ADA/FEHA, and provide information on disability sensitivity and inclusive workplace strategies.
Services for the Community
- Provide staff support and resources to a 17 member Disability Advisory Commission (DAC) to the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors. The DAC advises the Board on the needs and desires of the disability community as they pertain to county programs and services and applicable laws. Visit the Disability Advisory Commission (DAC) web site for more information.
- Offer information and referral to appropriate resources and organizations that provide assistance to people with disabilities, and technical information for achieving compliance with Federal and State Regulations related to disability access.
- Assist with the development and implementation of County Policies that ensure access to all county programs, services, and facilities for persons with disabilities.
Public Access Requests
To make a request for Accommodation or Modification, or to file a complaint or grievance regarding public access, following is the County's Disability Access Complaint/Assistance Form and ADA Service Request and Complaint Procedure
Contact the Disability Compliance Office
Cori Stillson, Manager
Disability Compliance Program
Department of Personnel Services
700 H Street, Suite 5720
Sacramento, CA 95814
700 H Street, 5th Floor
Phone: (916) 874-7642 (CA Relay Service 711)
FAX: (916) 874-7132